Saturday, October 22, 2011

my weekends

The MTA likes to do construction on weekends, and sometimes it requires way too much effort to get out of Brooklyn. At first, I thought it was the end of the world, but now that I think about it, I would much rather spend my entire weekend in Brooklyn than trek out to a crowded Manhattan where I have to wait for an hour to have brunch. (Ok, not all places are like that but you get the point.)

I start my weekend waking up not to an alarm but the bright sun soaking into my studio apartment, and then I put on my usual weekend outfit of skinny jeans and a thrifted oversized cashmere sweater. Perfect for lounging. With a pair of flats I'm off to the Brooklyn Flea and make a beeline to the food stalls in the back. With a full stomach and a cup of hot apple cider in my hands, I'll zigzag the aisles and rows of Fire-King glassware, handcrafted jewelry, and vintage furniture - usually leaving with nothing, but today I found a few unique Fire-King mugs that my boyfriend helped me pick out.

Tonight, I've convinced by college friends to come out to Brooklyn for a night in Williamsburg. The Meatball Shop is our first stop, and then hopefully a lane will open quickly at Brooklyn Bowl.

I love my Brooklyn weekends.