Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Katherine

momdad85
Mom and Dad when they were still dating, 1985

Oh umma,

How did you make such big decisions when you were just my age? Like marrying dad and coming to the US when I was only 3 months old? How did you get your masters at Northwestern while being a mother of two? How did you cook for our family every night and make every dollar stretch further than I could ever imagine when times were/are tough?

Thank you for not making me into a mini-you but for teaching everything you knew so that I could grow into my own skin and experience things myself. Thank you for teaching me how to be healthy no matter how old I am. Thank you for playing piano and singing while I was still in your belly because it definitely made me more musically inclined!

Happy Birthday!

Love,
SK

P.S. Can I have the coat you're wearing in that picture??