Sunday, July 5, 2009

resident alien

It's hard to document every day moments of a place you live in. It takes a visitor's point of view and most often times their point-and-shoot to gain a different perspective on the streets you commute on every day. To live in one place for 5 months is tricky. Long enough to get your own cell-phone, too short to make a new bank account, you still need a visa because it's longer than the allotted 90 days, and your stay is long enough to permanently memorize a new address. In addition to all these vacillations, you feel like a resident and a tourist all at the same time.

Here are some of the every day moments I was able to capture in Korea when I didn't overlook them.

P3074175
Taking "strip mall" to a whole new level, this is a typical commercial block.
P1173892P2114068
My aunt's apartment that my family has owned since my childhood bears my name! :)
P4294520 복사
Typical commuters on the subway either sleeping or watching TV on their phones.
Hey America, how about getting some bars on our phones on all subway lines?
P3014160
Don't they look like friends?

Trying my best not to overlook things in Boston,
SK