Thursday, March 19, 2009

What am I dooooing.

So what exactly am I up to in Korea?

Photo 222I went wavy :)

For one I am learning gayageum because who knows maybe somewhere down the road someone will be like "Quick! We need someone to play Arirang for us in this scene! We need you SK!" haha but in all seriousness, I always wanted to learn something traditionally Korean for a long time. It could have been dance or song, but I chose this.

I'm tutoring 4 kids. Why do you even wonder about the subject?? :) It's mainly conversational English, working on pronunciation, and one little girl who is just learning her ABC's. No hakwon work for me, I work on my own time time and set my schedule!

I've been studying how networking and network marketing spans and works here in Korea. It's really interesting to see the cultural differences and products that fit the Asian demographic. However I've realized that in the end, it's all the same thing and success only comes with the amount of effort you put in.  There is never a get-rich-quick plan.

I make lunch for my grandpa. He had a heart attack about 20 years ago and his right side of his body has slowly gotten more uncomfortable for him. My grandma, being the energetic social bee she is, sometimes leaves me with full responsibility to get lunch on the table for me and my gramps. It's a special time of day for me.

Lastly, I'm resting. I thought that it would be sooo important for me to have an internship while I'm here and my trip would be considered useless if I didn't have something on my resume. I've come to realize that this is a special time in my life where I have an opportunity to live with my family on the other side of the world. I've been learning something new every day, from the safety drills that the whole nation participates in for any emergency attacks, to the amazing, long history that makes Koreans such a prideful bunch.