Monday, December 8, 2008

Uggh!

I've never owned a pair of Uggs. Yes, really. I have yet to succumb to the infamous Australian shearling boot even in this harsh Boston weather that makes you not give a shit about what you look like as long as you can stay warm. I didn't get them when I had to wait for my school bus in 12 inches of snow in Buffalo Grove, IL, and I certainly did not make a purchase after I moved to California and witnessed mini skirts and Uggs together. And although I continue to witness beat-up, worn down Uggs on the T in Boston, sometimes they look cute on girls... and I'm starting to believe that I need them to survive.

I do recall that a friend of mine purchased a pale pink rendition of an Ugg boot from Payless for me in high school... but they are now in permanent remission. (The sudden debut in the Boston slush did not fare well for the boots after years of inactivity in California.)

Today, at 23 degrees fahrenheit but feels like 9, is one of those days where I wish I had the fluffy well-insulated warmth of a sheep. As a body suit. And I am seriously considering ordering a pair of black Uggs so I can start from my feet and move up.

Freezing but always with a smile,
SK